Tuesday, July 19, 2011

sewing itch.

Today I finally, finally, finally took out my sewing machine. FINALLY! I missed it so much. I hated seeing it packed away in it's box. The table I use to sew on is being used for a garage sale, so I've had nothing to set it up on... and, if anybody knows me I hate starting things and then not being able to finish it, especially sewing projects.
And, I didn't want to set it up somewhere and not be able to organize all my other sewing stuff around it. But, I bit the bullet and set it up on the kitchen table. There wasn't a whole lot of room and B thinks that when I'm sitting at the table, he needs to, too.. and he also needs to pull on the fabric, un-thread the thread and, obviously, hug him over and over and over. ;)
I didn't do a huge project. I just needed to feel fabric again.

I up-cycled a sweater I've never worn.


Before





After


It felt amazing to sew something together again. And, now I have a new summer top to wear! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment