Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Patience is a virtue....

Romans 8:24-25
We were given this hope when we were saved. If we already have something, we don’t need to hope for it. But if we look forward to something we don’t yet have, we must wait patiently and confidently. (NLT)

Patience is a virtue God did not bless me with. He did however see fit to make me a complete control freak who worries constantly about EVERYTHING!

Psalm 37:7
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!

God always knows what I need to hear... that verse convicted me to the point of tears. I'm so anxious about possibly moving and possibly starting a new job. I'm so anxious it's almost all I think about. I over-analyze everything, think about it, analyze it again and then think about it some more. But, God says to call on Him, to lean on Him, to depend on Him. He will provide us with everything we need.

I keep crying out to God (sometimes literally crying because I feel so overwhelmed)... and when I start to feel like everything is going to fall apart, I remember that God said He would provide for those who trust Him. We will never have to worry about the things we need because God will bless those who live for Him.

So, today I'm going to be thankful that God blessed us with a place to live, even though it's in the middle of a loud and noisy city, and be grateful that He gave me an amazing job that a lot of people would be thankful to have.

Please continue to pray for us/me as we wait to hear about the house that Wade and I both fell in love with and as we wait to hear about the job I applied for.

1 comment:

  1. "...and when I start to feel like everything is going to fall apart, I remember that God said He would provide for those who trust Him." Praise Him! What a beautiful truth - I just love how He reminds us of exactly the truth we need at just the right time. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete